Use iBooks which is Apple’s official application for reading ePub and PDF files on your device. In some versions of iOS, iBooks is already installed, but if this is not your case you will have to download it from the App Store.
How to Save PDF Files to iPhone
1. Open the App Store, click on the magnifying glass that says “Search”, type ‘’iBooks’’ in the search bar and download it for free. Once downloaded, this app will appear on your home screen.
2. To save a PDF file that you have found on the Internet, you only have to open Safari and locate the document of this format that you want to obtain. Once you have found it, open it and you will automatically have an interface that shows the options “Open in …” and “Open in iBooks“, click the second one.
3. Once you have clicked “Open in iBooks”, the PDF document will open in iBooks and will be saved in the “Library” of this app so you can read it and consult it whenever you want. When you open the PDF file, you can search for specific words, index pages, go to the page that interests you and even have the option to print or mail it.
Save a PDF file on iPhone that is attached to an email
1. Go to the inbox and open the email where the PDF document is located and click on the attachment.
2. Once you have opened the PDF file, in the upper right of the screen you will see the “Share” icon indicated with a square and an arrow inside it blue. Click on this icon.
3. You will see a new window with multiple options to share the document, between them you must click “Open in iBooks” indicated with an orange square with a white open book.
As you can see, you also have the possibility to send the document by message, mail, as well as copy or print it.
How to Save a PDF File to an iPhone Video
In this video, Skylar Kelly is going to show you how to do this easy and quickly.
Hope you enjoyed this quick post on downloading and saving a pdf file to your iPhone.
Until next time,
PS: If you think this post can be useful to a friend, please share the love! 😉